Monday, September 24, 2012

Downtown 9/23/2012

You obey the law of Christ when you offer each other a helping hand.  Galatians 6:2

I had other plans for Sunday that didn't come about, so I was able to make a regular trip downtown instead of just driving through.  I had planned to drive through there and remind my friends about next week's barbecue, but it turned out I had more time.  In essence, it was still just a reminder about next week's barbecue (one guy referred to it as a 'party').  It was really a quiet visit, not everyone was there, but Tara and Dave were there, and I did see Santa Barbara.  I also made a visit around the corner to Richard Brown.  Richard turns 65 next month and is eagerly looking forward to collecting social security.  His sister is helping him get things set-up to start receiving his checks.  This means he will finally be able to get off the streets.  I've known Richard since the first time I went downtown.  I think he is planning on moving to Mississippi, I believe that is where he is from originally.  I'll miss him, but I'm glad he has a place to finally go to.

There really wasn't much that happened on this trip, although when I walked inside the Jack in the Box, one of the girls behind the counter called out to me, "20 big cheesburgers?"  They're catching on.  Please continue to pray for next week, and a bit of a break in the heat would be nice too. --Until then.  John

 

No comments:

Post a Comment